Tune Up Your Car With Auto Insurance
We love our car more than a kid love cake. We like to keep it maintain by getting an oil change, tune up, keeping it wash, etc. All of those are great and important but, what about tuning up your auto insurance? I know a lot of people is wondering what I mean by tuning up your auto insurance. Well let me break it down. Just like there are certain parts under the hood of your car that makes your vehicle run, the same thing goes with auto insurance. There are certain things that’s important in your policy that is needed in order for your auto insurance to be valid. I’m going to breakdown the two steps to tuning up your auto insurance so you can feel secure.
Step 1 : Understanding What Type of Car Insurance You Have
There are several type of auto insurance coverage that most people don’t put much thought into. Most people just go with the state minimum requirement. The state requirement may not be enough to protect your car to the full instinct. The main two coverage most people know about is full coverage and liability coverage. Let’s talk about the difference between the two.
The difference between full coverage and liability auto insurance is full coverage covers everyone and liability only covers the damage of the other person vehicle. Normally, full coverage auto insurance comes with the following:
- Liability Bodily Injury – If you’re at fault, this will cover the medical expense of the people who were injured.
- Liability Property Damage – This covers any type of property you hit including cars.
- Personal Injury Protection – covers final expenses, medical expenses, and lost of income for you are anyone that was hurt in your vehicle
- Comprehensive $500 – covers any damage to your car that wasn’t your fault. For example, a deer hitting your car, etc. The insurance will pay all except $500 in which, you will have to pay.
- Collision $500 – covers any damage to a vehicle in which, you’re at fault. You will have to pay $500 and the insurance company will pay the rest.
- Uninsured/Underinsured – This pays for your medical bills and people in your vehicle if someone hits you and doesn’t have insurance or have enough to cover all your bills.
- Rental Reimbursement – this will give you a rental when your vehicle is in the shop from involvement in an auto accident
- Emergency Roadside Assistance – provides coverage for things like locking your keys in your car, getting your car jump started, having your car towed, running out of gas, etc.
- Auto Death Indemnity – Pays $10,000 for final expenses if you are killed in an auto accident. If you are wearing your seat belt or your airbag deploys, it will be doubled.
Liability auto insurance only comes with two things:
- Bodily Injury Liability - which covers medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other special damages.
- Property Damage Liability - which covers damaged property, and may include loss of use.
Step Two : Completing The Tune Up
When you get your car tune up, you have to decide if you want to use brand name parts or after market. The same thing when choosing what type of auto insurance you want. You have to choose between full coverage or liability auto insurance. Keep in mind, after market parts tend to break down faster than brand name parts. I like to compare liability insurance to after market parts. It’s only a temporary fix. So, why not get full coverage auto insurance. Believe it or not, full coverage is not as expensive as you think. You can shop and compare cheap auto insurance by searching online.
In conclusion, show your car some love by protecting it the best way you can.